Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Traveling ....

I've been up in the Northwest and having fun looking at the animals, yarn, and fleece at the Oregon Flock and Fiber Show!  The last time I went, I got totally overwhelmed ... there was so much to take in.  This time, I focused on a couple of types of goats and sheep!

I spun up some pygora roving last spring and couldn't believe how soft it was - so they were one of my first stops.  They're darling little goats ....


.... that are very friendly and curious!


I bought quite a bit of off white roving from Mirabelle the pygora goat from Peppermint Pastures.


I've been reading a lot about Icelandic sheep recently and was very happy to find some at the show to look at.  They're smaller than I thought - but a nice size!  I talked with Laura Roe from Hyalite Farms and she raved over how mellow and easy to raise they are.


Here's the roving I bought from her - a nice white, gray mix that looks like it would also felt nicely.


And I loved the cashmere goats!  They're so fluffy and soft - little clouds on legs!


Little c left the show with this great llama finger puppet.


Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment