Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Small Zigzag Crocheted Blanket Edging


I've been working on several crochet edged receiving blankets this week (see this past post for how-to's).  Usually I put on a simple scalloped edging or the zigzag edging from the above post, but for this one I decided to come up with something a little different.  This edging is still zigzag so works well for baby boys or girls, but it's a little smaller of a pattern for something a bit new.

Once you have your row of single crochet, follow this pattern:  single crochet-chain 3-slip stitch in same stitch, single crochet in the following stitch, single crochet-chain3-slip stitch in same stitch, ... all the way around.  I round my corners so usually don't make the traditional three stitches in the corner stitches.  However ... if I see my corners are a little puckery, I add in an extra stitch.


In case you're wondering, the fabric is from JoAnn's - cute little sushi bites!

Happy Creating!  Deborah

3 comments: