Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday Inspiration - Margaret Beal's Fused Fabrics




I'm always on the look out for new fabric working techniques and did I ever find a good one!  English fiber artist Margaret Beal works with synthetic fabrics and soldering irons to create richly layered and textured pieces.  Her technique uses the soldering iron to both fuse, cut, and mark the fabric - and she often adds embellishments such as embroidery.  



These pieces are but two examples from many fascinating pieces!  I highly recommend going through the gallery on her website here.








And if you think you might like to try your hand at this, here's a video of Margaret showing the basics of how she does it.



I just think I may need to find me a fine tip soldering iron!

Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment