Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday Inspiration - Refashioning Ideas

I'm planning on spending the weekend working on refashioning some of the pile of clothes I've built up over the last few months!  Most of my pieces to rework come from Goodwill - one of my favorite things to do is spend a morning scouring a few of the stores for promising clothing.  If you've been wanting to give it a try, here are a few tutorials to get you started!

I'm always on the lookout for ideas to use with my piles of old denim - I love these cute slippers!  For me, it'd be minus the pink bows, but I'm just pretty much not a bow-type person.  Nancy Minsky's tutorial is on The Guardian website here.


Any thing that adds lace gets my attention!  This refashion starts with a men's t-shirt and recuts it for a better fit.  Melanie's tutorial is here.


And how darling is this!!  Refashioning it from an adult sweater means you can use the original hemline as the dress hemline for a clean looking finish.  Find the tutorial on Make It & Love It.  If you don't have a baby dress to use as a pattern, there are lots of patterns available for knits that would work just as well.


I've seen quite a few skirts made from mens' dress shirts and, meh - haven't been too excited about them.  This one looks nice, though!  And it'd look great made from one of the wild Hawaiian shirts Goodwills here seem to have quite a few of.  Amber of Ruffles and Roses has the tutorial here.


Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment