This weekend it was back to my felt food project and the next food on my list - potatoes!
*brown or tan felt - I used a heathered tan
*brown embroidery thread
*patterns found here
1. Cut out 2 from each pattern piece.
2. Sew a piece number 3 in between a piece number 1 and a piece number 2. Repeat.
3. Use a piece number 4 to sew the two pieces you have together. If piece 4 is too long, trim the extra off.
4. With your last piece number 4, sew to one side of your form. On the last side, sew from the top and from the bottom, leaving a 2 inch opening.
5. Turn right side out and stuff with fiberfill. Sew opening closed.
6. Cut a long piece (about a yard) of brown embroidery floss. Thread onto a sturdy needle. Insert needle into the opening you hand sewed closed and out someplace on the potato. Pull to pull the knot into the fiberfill center. Take about a 1/4 inch stitch and reenter the potato, coming out in another spot. Repeat and this time pull tightly to form a dimple (a potato eye).
7. Keep repeating until you have enough eyes. Go back through and make an x over each eye to help it show up better.
8. Tie a knot in your floss, insert the needle into the potato and come up nearby. Pull thread to pull knot into the fiberfill center. And you have a potato!
Happy Creating! Deborah