Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday Project - What I've Been Working On ...

If you're like me, this is the time of year you're looking for gift ideas!  Here are a few crochet pieces I've been working on this fall - they're all from free patterns I found on the net.





I love shawls - they keep you warm and make you feel like you're in an old Victorian novel.  I made this Autumn Splendor shawl from Mini-Mochi yarn (blueberry pie) and a free pattern from Crochet Uncut.  It was easy to make it longer than they called for (I like to wrap myself up) since they give you instructions on just how to do that.  I also added more width rows by just repeating the pattern rows a few more times.


 Little c didn't have to wait for Christmas for this sweater!  The pattern is from Lion Brand and can be found here.  I left off the hood and, after the sweater was sewn together, added a row of single crochet around the neck-front-bottom edge in Every Day soft worsted (Deborah Norville) in Royal Blue.  I used Mochi Plus in Intense Rainbow.  I used the instructions for the 12 month size - as you can see, it makes a nice coat!  Little c is pretty average in size for a 10 month old - unless you have a large child, I'd go smaller!

I put one button on the front and made a button loop.




My current piece is for me!  I just recently found this poinsettia scarf (one of my favorite flowers) on the Caron Yarns site.  Instead of the Caron yarn, I'm using Lion Brand Wool Ease in Forest Green Heather, Fisherman, and Ranch Red.  I have the first square finished, but am thinking it also might be larger than I really want - too large seems to be my theme lately!  I'll sleep on it and maybe try a smaller hook ... 


Happy Creating!  Deborah


Happy Creating!  Deborah

2 comments:

  1. This is super cute.. i like your blog soooooooooooooooo much,i will love to follow the blog...great tutorials...thanks...i am sure you will have great success...keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have lots of fun creating with fiber arts and sharing ideas. Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete