Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wednesday Sewing - Lace Trimmed Denim Jacket


Here's a quick project that ended up very cute!  I had some lace left over from the denim crazy quilt, had a denim jacket for little c I've been meaning to embroider on ... I love denim and lace, so this was meant to be. 

I laid the lace in several different positions and took photographs of the ones I liked the best.  It's easier for me to decide between different designs if I can actually see them next to each other.  The one on the far right won!


I sewed the lace on by hand - that doesn't sound quick, but it really was.  Less than one evening of America's Got Talent!  And no, that's not a sewing injury.  It's my annual thumb gash while making apple butter - I bought a Kevlar glove for next year.


The finished front ...


... the finished back ...


... and little c modeling - while telling Grandpa how to pack the car for the beach!  


Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment