Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Inspiration - Tile Quilting

I came across this book recently and discovered a whole new type of quilting I'd never heard of!  The Tile Quilt Revival was written by Carol Gilham Jones and Bobbi Finley and gives the history of this late 19th century art form and many current examples and patterns.  Tile quilting reminds of one of my favorite types of art, mosaics!  I can see great possibilities for this!

Both authors also have blogs where they show and talk about what they're currently working on and list their upcoming classes - yes!  They teach lots of workshops!

Jungle Beauty



Bobbi's website can be found here.  To the left s one of her more recent quilts, Jungle Beauty, and ....



Birds in a Cherry Tree







... to the right is another, Birds in a Cherry Tree.








Carlos and Some of His Favorite Things







Carol's website is here.  I love her tile quilt Carlos and Some of His Favorite Things and the way she included photos on it.  I really do need to get printable fabric into more of mine!



You can look inside the book on Amazon and see much more!

Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment