Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Stella Clark Schlegel


My late mother-in-law was an amazing tatter!  This last week my husband and I spent a few days in the farm house that is still decorated with her needlework and it felt so good to be surrounded by her pieces.  My father-in-law passed away last fall - as is common in more Northern climates, his service was postponed until this summer when everyone could gather to say good-bye. 

I love this piece with motifs joined together with tatting ...


and the tatting edged embroidery.



I was surprised to see this crazy quilt!  


Great details ....


I have warm memories of sitting together and talking, each with our own needlework!

Happy Creating!  Deborah

2 comments:

  1. What a treasure trove! Lucky you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mother has same embroidered flower basket piece, but not with the beautiful tattering. enJOYed

    ReplyDelete