Creating Everyday Art
Monday, February 11, 2013
Beaded Valentine Pin
Here's a fun and quick little Valentine pin! I wrote a long tutorial on making beaded pins last September - if you haven't tried these before, refer to this post for how to sew the beads on.
*small amounts of white, pink, red, or lavender felt
*lace cut out
*large and small beads
*white sewing thread
*beading and embroidery needles
*pattern found here
(make sure to select print to actual size on your printer)
1. Cut two hearts out of felt. Sew the lace cut out on the front of one piece with small stitches every so often along the edge. For my cut out, I just cut a piece from a larger length of lace.
2. If your lace is flowers, it looks nice to add beads to the centers!
3. With 3 strands of embroidery floss that matches your felt, sew the pin back onto the right side of the second felt heart.
4. Pin the back to the front.
5. Sew edges together with 3 strands of embroidery floss, using a blanket stitch.
6. You can leave the pin as is for a more conservative look, or make it a little funkier by adding beads to the edge.
Happy Creating! Deborah
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Cute and lovely pin just right for valentines... I'm going to give it a try! Thanks for sharing your idea Deborah!ReplyDelete
this is so pretty! thanks for showing usReplyDelete