Monday, April 9, 2018

Second Quarter Fiber Challenge

I had so much fun with my first quarter challenge that I'm ready for another one!  This time I've selected a woodblock print by Japanese artist Imao Keinen (1845 - 1924), from his album Birds and Flowers. 


Winter hung on a little longer than usual around here, so the plum blossoms and brightly colored bird look wonderful to me!  Our fruit trees are just beginning to bloom and the song birds are starting to return.  I love the delicate colors in this print, the richly textured tree bark, and the partly hidden bird that adds a lot of movement to the piece.

I'm not yet sure what I'll work on with this - maybe something inspired by the color palette, the blossoms, the bird, or simply the idea of spring itself.  I hope this print inspires you to join me!  Create a fiber art piece (knitting, crochet, embroidery, fabric design, weaving, sewing, quilting, .... ) and share it with us on this blog Monday, July 1st.  I have the InLinkz button down now, so this date should stand!  And I promise to be a better cheerleader this quarter!

I hope you join me!

Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment