Friday, April 13, 2018

Friday Inspiration - Spring Palette

I've been pondering the Second Quarter Fiber Art Challenge and thinking about the colors in the artwork, so I ran a color palette.




I love these colors - a bit of a subdued spring palette.  I do think the yellow and pink need to be added in, though.

With these colors in mind, I went looking for yarn and found some nice matches!


Tosh Merino Light is one of my favorite yarns - so soft and nice to work with.  The yarn above is the Scout colorway, ...


this one is Calligraphy,


and here is Dust Weaver.


Hand Maiden's Casbah Sock is very luxurious with its added cashmere.  This colorway is Laurel.


Also from Hand Maiden, Mini Maiden in Peridot.


Finally, from Northbound Knitting this is Matcha in Merino/Silk Fingering.  I've used this yarn several times and it's wonderful!

I ran my color palette on Big Huge Labs and the yarns photos are from Eat.Sleep.Knit.  Now, back to planning my challenge entry!

Happy Creating!  Deborah


2 comments:

  1. Really lovely colors! How do you do the pallette run?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Follow the Big Huge Labs link above, upload a photo, and push the button to create a palette. It's really easy and best of all free!

    ReplyDelete