Operation Kitten Rescue/Bathroom Remodel is completed! It turns out they were down in a small area formed by a dropped ceiling area in our bathroom. Once we figured this out, my husband punched a hole through the wall board, just reached in and pulled them out - Momma Cat was kept busy out on the patio with a can of cat food! We moved them into what we think is a perfect set up in an outdoor kiln room and Momma quickly joined them. Now if she just keeps them there! But even if she doesn't, wherever they go will be better than a Phoenix attic.
And now I can finally get back to my textile working - while my husband ponders what opportunities this means for the bathroom!
Happy Creating! Deborah