Thursday, January 16, 2014

Easy Knitted Cowl


I'm becoming a big fan of cowls!  They stay on and don't have to keep being re-wrapped like scarves do.  And they keep you warm!  I've had a couple of skeins of Plymouth's Boku for a few years and just realized they match one of my coats.  Since I've become a champ at straight knitting, I thought how hard can a cowl be?  Easy, it turns out!  I basically just knitted a square and then seamed it up - and afterwards realized I could have knit it in the round.  Oh well, I'll do the next one that way!

Materials:
*about 1 1/2 skeins worsted or aran weight yarn
*size 10 1/2 needles

Cast on 90 stitches.  Knit in straight knitting until it measures about 7 1/2 inches.  Bind off and seam together.


Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment