Monday, January 6, 2014

A New Year ... A New Hat!


Happy 2014!  And what better way to celebrate than with a new hat!  Last year I put a moratorium on making myself any new hats - I spend a large part of the winter in Phoenix, where hats are seldom needed.  However, suddenly my hats all seem old and worn or have just disappeared!  I recently found this crocheted slouch hat by Liz on her Crochet in Color blog and fell in love with it - you can find the pattern here.


I used Lion Brand's Amazing in the Glacier Bay colorway and it took a skein and a half.  I also took Liz's suggestion to move down one hook size when working on the ribbing.


Okay, I know it's a slouch hat but I don't have that much hair so it really, really slouched!  I like it better with the ribbing turned up.


Happy Creating!  Deborah

1 comment: