Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Lazy August Days!

It's August already - and I don't think I even need a calendar to tell!  The sunlight in the forest has that golden tint to it and I've been enjoying long walks in its coolness.




Most of the wildflowers are done and the Queen Anne's Lace is blooming beautifully.


The gooseberries are ready for jam making


and I'm anxiously waiting for the blackberries to ripen!


I finished my third pair of socks - a much better fit than the first pair I made for myself!  These are from the pattern Simply Beautiful Socks by Fiona Stevenson - they use a German short row heel that I like much better than the heel flap/gusset one, but they did each end up with a gap I needed to sew up.  Next I'm trying the Fish Lips Kiss Heel, which is supposed to not have a gap!


I'll be in and out this month so probably won't be getting much done but knitting and trying to stay cool!  


Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment