It's an easy knit that's perfect for times when you don't want to follow a chart or have to keep too close of an eye on your row numbers. I used Cascade 220 Superwash so it can be machine washed and dried.
*4 skeins Aran
*1 skein each Jet, Really Red, Hunter Green, and Golden
*size 10 1/2 circular needles - 36 inches
*size E crochet hook
1. With Aran, cast on 125 stitches.
2. With Aran, knit 44 rows.
3. Switch to Jet and knit 10 rows.
4. Back to Aran and knit 10 rows.
5. Switch to Golden and knit 10 rows.
6. Back to Aran and knit 10 rows.
7. Switch to Really Red and knit 10 rows.
8. Back to Aran and knit 10 rows.
9. Switch to Hunter Green and knit 10 rows.
10. Back to Aran and knit 88 rows.
11. Knit 10 rows in Hunter Green and then 10 rows in Aran.
12. Knit 10 rows in Really Red and then 10 rows in Aran.
13. Knit 10 rows in Golden and then 10 rows in Aran.
14. Knit 10 rows in Jet.
15. Knit 44 rows in Aran and then bind off.
16. Join Jet to an edge and single crochet around the blanket, putting three stitches in each corner. Repeat with two more rows.
17. Repeat edging rows as follows: after the Jet, crochet three rows with Golden, three rows with Really Red, and three rows with Hunter Green. Fasten off and weave in all the ends.
Happy Creating! Deborah