Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday Inspiration - Periwinkle

It's almost spring - something many of you were more than ready for weeks ago!  I'm going through my fibers, putting away the wintry colors and getting ready for some brighter work.  I think it started with the Malabrigo Hollyhock yarn I used for my cable knit hat .... purple is one of my favorite colors and it's never far from my thoughts when planning projects!  And in the last couple of weeks, I've noticed I'm gravitating toward one of my favorite purples, periwinkle.  I can still remember how much I loved that periwinkle crayon in my 64 packs!


Periwinkle's a bluish lavender named for the flowering plant of the same name - it's a type of vinca.  Malabrigo has a gorgeous periwinkle colorway and Cascade 220 comes in a vibrant shade.  OPI's You're Such A BudaPest would look great on springtime nails.  And Kathy Bankston has lampwork beads on Etsy that just may be finding their way into some of my springtime jewelry.

Happy Creating!  Deborah

1 comment: