I used a pattern created by Marie Seroskie that I picked up awhile ago at my local quilting shop. Actually I used it for the background and the leaf, branch, and blossoms, but after that I went my own way! If you'd like this pattern, it's available here.
Except for one of the tan background fabrics, I used batiks and fabrics that looked like they'd been ice dyed. You don't need very much for the blossoms, leaves, and stems - fat quarters would work well.
The background is pieced in a quilting pattern I can't seem to locate - almost like a bear claw, but with fewer claws. I used a lite fusible web to attach the pieces, sewed around them with a small zigzag stitch, and then did a little thread sketching to add some texture.
I've been doing a lot of stitch in the ditch on my quilting lately, so I decided to free motion quilt this one.
The pattern has pink scalloped edges and scalloped ends - I went with just regular edges and no extra pink to keep it from getting too frilly for my dining room. I just bound the edges with seam binding.
Happy Creating! Deborah