Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday Inspiration - Kate Davies' New Book

I generally dislike making New Year's resolutions!  I feel like I'll either get to everything I'm planning to do/change in the new year or I won't - and it just makes me feel bad if I've made it a resolution and it doesn't happen.  However ..... I've been wanting to learn colorway/Fair Isle knitting. I covet all the gorgeous designs I see and can just picture myself cozying up on the couch in the evening and having a Fair Isle sweater on my needles.  Then I came across Kate Davies' new yoked sweater designs in her new book Yokes - wow!  I won't say it's my resolution for this coming year to learn enough so I can knit one of these, but maybe within the next two years?


So I ordered her book and it arrived this week.  And I discovered that it's not just an amazing book of patterns, but also has chapters on the origin of yokes and on interviews with designers.  Very interesting and enjoyable!



The book is available by order from Kate's website here - and she also has a post on each of the designs, complete with beautiful photos.  I can't wait to get started!

Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment