Creating Everyday Art
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Quilted Easter Egg Coasters
With Easter being so late this year, I actually am getting some time to get some Easter sewing done! These coasters work up quickly and are good for using up scraps.
*batik fabric fat quarters or scraps
*patterns found here (print in landscape)
1. Cut 2 eggs from each fabric.
2. Cut rectangles (about 4 x 5 inches) from fabrics and Steam-a-Seam 2. Peel backing off one side of Steam-a-Seam 2 and press onto the wrong side of each piece of fabric. Trace one curved stripe and free hand draw four circles on each piece.
3. Cut out, remove remaining backing, and apply to one of each color of egg.
4. Using egg pattern, cut one piece of fusible felt for each egg. Trim about 1/4 inch from the edge of the felt eggs and fuse to the wrong side of the fabric egg backs. Pin to the fronts.
5. With a small stitch, zigzag around the outside of each egg. Free motion stitch around each circle a few times. Sew around the edges of the curved stripe and sew swirls down the middle of the stripes.
6. Trim edges and press.
Happy Creating! Deborah
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment