This weekend it was back to my felt food project! I decided that while fruits and vegetables are great, sometimes you just want chicken legs. These are really easy - the quickest of any of the food I've been making. Once I got the pattern made (that took a few tries), I made two of them in about an hour.
*felt - tan and off-white
*patterns found here
1. Cut three pieces of tan felt using the meat pattern and two off-white pieces using the bone pattern.
2. Sew the three pieces of meat together (right sides together), with a narrow seam and leaving the final side open.
3. Sew the last side with a gap in the middle (so you can turn it right side out). Turn right side out, stuff with fiberfill, and hand sew the gap together. After you have the gap sewn together, you might need to add more fiberfill through the bottom opening.
4. Sew the bone pieces together (right sides together), with a narrow seam and leaving the top open.
5. Turn right side out and stuff. Sew a running stitch around the top and pull to gather. Leave the thread attached.
6. Put the bone section inside the bottom of the meat section and hand sew together.
I think next week I'll come up with something for dessert!
Happy Creating! Deborah